Exciting News: We will be open for summer camp 2021! We are looking forward to being back on stage with our performing arts campers. Campers & staff will be in a safe environment as we follow all Gov’t protocols. The plan is to organize camp in a safe productive way. All our children will be divided per age and grouped to work separately on their own play each session. This will keep our campers in their own ‘bubble” at camp, as well as give lots of opportunity for our younger campers to have larger roles to perform. Plus the same musical will be modified age appropriately per each group.
We will also be setting up canopy tents providing plenty of shade for our outdoor activities. We will have a special performance space for kids to enjoy their dances and performances!
Government regulations as they change will be adjusted accordingly. All rules and regulations will be respected. We have purchased the auto oxide portable fogger that sprays (FDA approved) disinfectant when sprayed throughout the room, and on surfaces, killing germs. Camp areas floors and spaces will be cleaned every hour and bathrooms after each use. We will also have easy camper drop offs and pick ups where parents will not need to enter the building. (keeping it safe) More information will be offered as needed.
Summer Camp Dates:
June 28th- August 21st- 2021
Session 1– Week 1 & 2 -June 28th-July 2nd/ July 5th-July 9th
Session 2-Week 3 & 4 – July 12th- July 16th/ July 19-July 23.
Session 3- Week 5 & 6– July 26- July 30th/ Aug 2-Aug 6th.
Session 4- Week 7 & 8– Aug 9th – Aug 13/ Aug 16-Aug 20th
Please note: Adjustments re: summer dates will be made, should the Government change the last day of school for summer vacation.
Campers will enjoy all of our activities, be part of a weekly talent show & theme days including final production performed each session.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO COME FOR ONE WEEK TO CAMP, OR PICK AN ODD NUMBER OF WEEKS TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR SUMMER SCHEDULE.
Should you pick a week where your child is not in the show, there will still be plenty of activities to participate in during that week. In art they will help make props as well as enjoy some crafty activity.They will also be part of the weekly talent show!
Fees/Payments/ Early registration
- Camp Fees: $210.00 per week. Plus a $25.00 1x registration fee. This will cover all PPE (personal protective equipment) to ensure optimum safety as directed by the Government. (re: covid -19).We will also give every camper a beautiful Cabaret Kids T-shirt on their first day at camp.
- Please secure a spot by sending the $25.00 registration fee by E-transfer along with your online registration. (limited space per group)
Early Bird Registration Savings:
Register before January 30th and receive 5% off your fees.( minimum of 2 weeks is required). In order to receive the discount, you need to pay 1 week ($210.00- 5%=$200.00) by Jan 30th plus the $25.00 1x registration fee.The balance is due March 15th. 2021. Should you be registering early and for more than 5 weeks recieve an additional $5 off each week 6,7,8.
- Receive another $10 deduction off your fees for siblings per every 2 week session your children are registered. (Minimum of 2 weeks required for promotion.)
- Anyone doing more than 4 weeks can discuss a different payment arrangement and still benefit from the early bird special.
- -For those not taking the early bird special, your 2021 first payment for camp is due March 1st and final payment is due June 1st. You may still secure your spot by filling out the online form along with 1x payment of $25.00.
CAMP HOURS & EXTENDED HOURS
- Camp hours are 9:00am-3:00pm. (3:30 on pool day)
- Extended hours: 7:30-9:00a.m. & 3:00-6:00p.m (special fee of $35.00 per week )
- Pay as you use service $3:00 per hour. Should you choose this option, we ask that you take care of this in advance on that day.
- Doing more than 4 weeks of camp? Inquire on savings for extended am/pm hours.
- Anyone traveling from areas over 20 minutes away will be given extra early am or pm time at camp for free.
- FREE: Campers that have finished grade 8, will not be charged extended or early am hours.
- In case of emergency or last minute arrangements please contact Randi 514 983 4000
Don’t know your summer schedule yet? You can still register.
Be assured that you are able to hold a space now and change your camp dates all the way up until June 1st. (no penalty)
Fill out your online form along with your $25.00 reg. fee and let us know how many weeks you think you will need this summer. By doing this you give us an indication of how many staff we will require each week.
We thank you in advance, as we will continue to provide excellence in programming. It has been a hard long challenging year for everyone, and our goal this summer will be to provide the safest most amazing summer experience ever! All our children deserve the very best so get ready for summer 2021!
Two days B.B.Q $16.00.(Wednesday and Friday)
We will serve Wednesdays: hot dogs (kosher available with k snacks), chips, snack and drink, Fridays: Pizza, chips snack and drink .
Note: You may send in a separate cheque for the BBQ along with your payments. You can post date this payment for the week prior to your child attending camp.
Please note: It is important to send extra snacks and drinks with your child( Peanut free please)
C.I.T./CAMPER PROGRAM (Kids that completed Grade 8 )
This program is perfect for kids that want to do the camp show and take part in some of their favorite activities but also want extra responsibilities to work with younger campers. Many 14 or 15 year olds are in-between wanting to stay home doing nothing, or can choose to gain experience working with younger children at camp. This program is designed to do the both. The camper/CIT will go on placement for 1.5 hours per day learning the skills it takes to be a Cabaret staff and still be able to enjoy the activities they love. They will be able to choose the things they would like to do at camp such as Drama, Dance, Vocal or Art, as well as be in our final production.
FEE: $170.00 per week.
Senior C.I.T. Program:
Senior C.I.T ‘S will be placed in a group with kids as an apprentice to a senior counselor. The purpose of the CIT program is for young people to develop leadership skills, learn how to interact and take care of children in the role of the counsellor, and to become sensitive to the needs of the campers. The hopes is that they will learn how to organize games and activities with guidance. They will be well supervised by the senior counsellor in charge, but will develop a sense of responsibility, learning how to care properly for the campers. Often CIT’s will work with our youngest groups, unless they have a hidden talent and request to be on a specialty at camp. Being a CIT at camp requires the youth to be mature and responsible, while working with the children. (This is not a a recreational program). There will be weekly assessments of each C.I.T’S development throughout the summer, so that each CIT has a chance to improve their newly learned skills. This is recommended for kids that do not want to be part of our show, love camp life and solely want to work with kids to learn more for future employment.
- CPR training
- First hand experience working with children
- They can participate in our Talent show
- Reference letters
Daily Activities offered at Cabaret Kids Camp
Drama, Improv, Dance, Singing, Vocal Coaching, Art & Crafts, X Program, Zumba, Film, Swim,Theme Days:
- Vocal: POP singing,: Karaoke , Voice Training, Learn Harmonies, Song Writing (at lunchtime)
- Dance: Hip Hop, Broadway & Bollywood, lyrical, Contemporary. (Tap depending on show)
- Breakdancing (when requested)
- Film: Lets make a music video
- Arts & Crafts- Includes all medias of art from painting to drawing to crafty projects.Making prop for our shows.
- Swimming: Outdoor pool or Water activities on site- slip n’slide. (two times a week)
- Theme Days (So You Think You Can Dance Cabaret, Be a Star,Treasure hunts, Dress up days, Carnaval day, Pyjama Day+more)
- Acting: Performances every second Friday
- Talent show every first week of each session.
- BBQ LUNCH – Wednesday (Hotdogs, Chips, drink & snack. Kosher available) & Friday (Pizza, chips, drink & snack) Fee $8 per meal
All taught by highly trained professionals
All Cabaret campers will experience all of our activities. Should a camper have more interest in a specific activity, the schedule could be modified.
Drama & Vocal
- Improvisation and theatre games/learn stage direction & acting skills
- Have a blast dressing up in costumes and creating skits as well on working on your show
- In vocal we sing songs as we focus on material from the select play we will be presenting that session.
- Pop songs sung karaoke style, so everyone can participate and feel like a star!
In drama we work on musicals that change up every two weeks. Each child receives a part in our show, and will learn songs , dances, stage direction, & characterization. Every camper will develop their acting skills , gaining so much confidence. We work together to create a final presentation bringing the best out of each child!
Each activity is instructed by a specialist in their trained field.
‘We build confidence and self esteem’
Private and semi private vocal lessons are available at camp (inquire).
Campers will learn many styles of dance: Dance specialists will teach dances to latest hit songs. Each group will learn their own funky dance, as well as many musical numbers that our part of our show presented very 2 weeks.
- Hip Hop
- Tapp (on demand)
- Bollywood (on damand)
Arts & Crafts:
Enjoy all medias of art. Children will work on weekly projects & be proud of their art creations. Many kids have an interest in designing props. Learn how to make props that will be a part of our show.
Doing props for our show.
Kids enjoy a fun creative art project
Song Writing & X Program
(Offered after lunch as an optional program)
- Kids will Sing a favourite song in a group
- Harmonies wil be taught
- Solos will be given out
- Perform at our camp show & talent show
Creative Song Writing- (lunchtime optional activity)
- Learn how to write a song
- Compose music to go with your song
- Create your final version of the song you wrote, plus perform at our show
Film & Media
- Learn a dance for our music video
- Learn how a film is created
- Work on site to block and put together a music video (song to be selected)
- Filming will be done at our beautiful camp site.
- Children get to watch their work they created
We offer an outdoor pool 10 minute walk from our location or onsite water activities such as slip n’slide.
- Swim (optional 2x a week)
- Life guards on premises (free swim no instructional swim)
- Water activities on site.
- Non swimmers will have a blast with our slip n’ slide and water games.
Special friendships blossom at camp!
For more information call Randi at 514 983-4000